Frequently asked questions
- I'm new to "Holi -The Festival of Colors"- what is it all about? Well, apart from it being great fun to dunk your friends in color, The Festival of colors (Holi) announces the passing of winter and arrival of spring. People bury their hatchets with a warm embrace and throw their worries to the wind. Festival promotes friendship while offering an occasion to forgive and forget
- What colors are used? Colors are Starch based natural colors.
- Can I bring toddlers/infants to the event? The Festival of colors has been a safe event for families. The children and kids as young as 3 years old have a lot of fun running around and playing with colors. That said, toddlers/babies need some extra care which none can provide better than parents themselves.
- Where the proceeds from festival go? Simply Vedic is a non-profit organization dedeicated to serve seniors and Youths of Naperville. "Holi -The Festival of Colors" is our biggest fundraiser. All net proceeds from this event go directly towards seniors and youth services. We are a near zero overhead organization and no donations are used for administrative expenses.
- How will color be sold? You can buy the color with a small donation of $2 per bag. Due to safety reasons, colors from outside are strictly prohibted
- Will there be a place to keep my valuables? No. Simply Vedic cannot take on the responsibility of safe-keeping valuables. We suggest you either leave them in your car or home
- Is outside food allowed at the event? No. Outside food is not permitted at the event. Vegetarian Food can be purchased at nominal price from our booth inside
- Are there any wash facilities for cleaning-up after the event? No, there is no dedicated wash facility. However, T shirts will be available for purchase
- Is there alcohol on the field? If not, can I bring alcohol? No. This is a non-alcohol event and there will be no alcohol vendor present.
- Do I have to pay for parking? No, parking is free. You can park free throughout Naperville downtown public parking lots.
- Do I have to pay for colors? Yes, colors are $2/bag.
How do I prepare?
- You are going to get colored up. Please wear old or disposable clothes and footwear to the event. And leave those expensive watches (and sunglasses and jewelry …) back at home.
- In order to get the colors off more easily later, get some separation between the colors and your skin and hair – like sunscreen, or hair oil – before the event.
- Remember to take out some cash from the ATM
- Get a ZipLock bag, to carry your phone, camera and money during the event.
Still have questions - Submit here
Proceeds from Festival will go to Simply Vedic Cultural Society.- A registered Non Profit Organization with 501 (C) (3) status
© 2006 - 2013 Simply Vedic. All rights reserved